Manzanita Healthcare Center
Our goal is to help residents achieve their highest practical level of functioning by combining his or her lifestyle preferences with sound medical treatment. To this end, personalized plans of care are developed by our staff in conjunction with the resident and/or family and with the guidance of the resident’s physician. Call us today at 916-331-8513!
Proudly Serving Carmichael, California
Manzanita Healthcare Center is a short-term rehabilitation and long-term care skilled nursing facility located in Carmichael, CA. Our facility is closely integrated into the community, partnering with local hospitals and community groups to assure the most streamlined and quality stay possible. Our caring staff provides 24-hour skilled nursing care 7 days a week. Serving our community for 33 years, allow us to be your trusted partner in care.
Our certified wound care staff is ready to asses and treat each wound gently and respectfully.
Our nurses work with the client’s family to create a comfortable environment including simple routines and visual cues as a positive substitute for diminishing mental processes.
Manzanita Healthcare Center provides IV therapy to assist you on your road to recovery.
Our goal is to provide as much fun and interaction as you care to have. Our staff provides an ever-changing schedule of entertainment and recreational activities. In addition to field trips, you can play cards, try your hand at arts and crafts, read your favorite book or magazine, watch television, indulge in a new hairstyle, play bingo, or when weather permits, take a walk outdoors. Take part in as many or as few activities as you like.
We provide our residents with physical, occupational, speech and IV therapy from a team of qualified rehabilitation team members. Our goal is to help residents regain their health, independence and quality of life to their highest ability.
- Full-time, one-on-one physical therapy
- Training in mobility, gait stability, ambulation, posture, and positioning
- Custom exercise programs to re-educate muscles, increase muscle function and improve coordination
- Specialty programming and technology to promote balance and fall prevention
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion and manage contractures
- Education and training in dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation, and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques and equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement
- Therapeutic environment for activities of daily living re-training with full kitchen, bathroom, and bed
- Exercises designed to recover speech, language and memory skills
- Programs to strengthen verbal and non-verbal communication, including hearing impaired
- Functionally appropriate diets
- Focus on oral muscle strength and functions required for speaking and swallowing
Respite care is a temporary relief for caregivers and families who are caring for people with disabilities or other special needs such as chronic or terminal illnesses.
Respite care provides a temporary break from daily caregiving responsibilities. Using respite services can strengthen and support your ability to continue taking care of your loved one.
Schedule a Tour
If you have a question about your insurance coverage, Medicare eligibility or monthly bills, the Business Office is here to help. Licensed by the State of California, we are an approved Medicare and Medi-Cal provider with many services covered by various commercial insurance plans. Schedule a tour of our quaint facility today to learn more.
Manzanita Healthcare Center
5381 Manzanita Avenue
Carmichael, CA 95608